Basic SAS module
The course covers the functions and possibilities for accessing, manipulating and presenting data. This course will teach you how to work independently in the SAS environment, learning the SAS language elements and procedure use.
Who should attend
The course is for professionals with an analytic profile, attached to different company functions; this is the basic course you need to attend any other more advanced SAS language course and the various SAS tools and solutions.
Knowledge of operating environment elements on which SAS will be used.
- Data Step and Proc Step
- Reading SAS archives
- The PDV
- Keep and Drop Statements
- Variables Assignment
- Base Procedures (Sort - Freq - Univariate)
- Mention will be made of the following topics:
- Format management
- Conditioned processing (IF-THEN-ELSE)
- The Do Cycle
- The Retain instruction
- Dataset Union and Combination (Merge – Set)
- Means and Summary Procedures
- Introduction to Static Reporting: Proc Report and Proc Tabulate
The duration of the course is 3 days.